Government college grants is money provided by the Federal government for students who need it to pursue college. This does not need to be repaid. The U.S. Department of Education uses a standard formula called the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which is used to determine if one is eligible.

Once a student have maximized college scholarships, Federal grants, and Federal student loans, Students may eventually need to resort to college loans. This can turn out to be a complicated process and it is important to get the right information. Loan limits vary usually depending on factors such as year in school and whether or not you are a parent.

How to apply for college grants? Most grant programs require you to file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) this the first application you fill out. By filing the FAFSA you already are considered for any federal grants. Make sure to submit before the FAFSA deadlines.

Pell Grants depends on your EFC (Expected Family Contribution) and some other factors, which includes your cost of attendance (tuition and fees, room and board, books, and supplies) and the amount of time you attend college (whether a full academic year or less, and whether you attend full-time or part-time).

Government college grants uses a formula called the EFC to determine if one can be eligible.

The grant also requires that you:

  • Are an undergraduate student who has not earned a bachelor’s degree.
  • Are a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
  • Have a high school diploma or a GED, or demonstrate the ability to benefit from the program.


Government College Grants — No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>